Hey, peeps!
I'm thinking I must have scared you all with my introspective post last week.... it's been quiet as a church mouse on here. All I'm hearing is the sound of crickets chirping! No comments of any sort.
Well, that's okay. Life gets busy. Maybe you are all feeling introspective too. Maybe you're like my friend Bonnie who can't figure out how to post a comment. (I still love ya, Bon - no worries!) It's all good....
To bring you up to date - I ran my 5 miles last week...and then my running was like crickets chirping! Nothing was happening. I didn't get up early to run - didn't stay up late to run - didn't schedule time to run - didn't run! Period! It was weird too! Almost like running 5 miles without stopping made me feel like I was too close to a "real" runner, which I am not. So, then I had to go self sabotage or something. I ran a total of 2 miles last week.... didn't even run my long run over the weekend! And, I can feel a difference in how my life works when I'm not exercising or running.... I'm more stressed. Life feels more overwhelming. I eat like crap, mainly craving carbs, because I'm trying to get a fix from food to keep myself going. That's nuts.
Awareness is a good thing though!
So, tomorrow, I'm up early, hitting Tready, as my friend Staci calls it. I plan to get in two miles and then consult my training guide for what the rest of the week should entail. I know Saturday is scheduled for 6 miles...so I have a little work cut out for me! I'm on it, people!
Life may be throwing me some curve balls, but I can field them. (Ok, for those of you who saw me play softball in 2008...that's not true literally, just metaphorically) I'm still in the game and May 8, 2010, I WILL run the River Bank Run 25K!
WOO HOO!
Good night, gang....gotta rest for my run!
Ang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
HEY ANG! Sorry...I lost your bookmark. :( Thank goodness I "follow" you. Only way I could find it.
ReplyDeleteI totally understand your thoughts in the last posting. (My thoughts & prayers are with you & your friends family---& all the people in Haiti, such hard times ahead)
But, I'm also glad you found that taking care of you will only allow you to help others in need better. It may seem selfish at first, but when you think about it it's like the air mask in a plane...save yourself first so you can be of service to others. :)
OH...and tomorrow's scheduled run is only 2.5miles...since you wanted to run 2, maybe bump it up if you have time & you'll be right back on track! YOU CAN DO THIS! :)
I've got a hot date with TREADY at 6AM! ;)I'll pretend we are are double dating. LOL!
I've gotta shut down for the night if I'm going to make my date. Know I'm right there along side of you running. WE GOT THIS GIRL!!!! :)
Thanks, Staci! You rock! I didn't get your post in time to see the 2.5 miles this morning, but I did run 2.1 miles. :-) It was a little rough after last week's laziness, but I'm keeping it going! Glad to know you were up and at 'em bright and early too! Love the "double date" concept! Thanks, girl!
ReplyDeleteMore later...and maybe I'll even post on the WW thread! I've been MIA lately!
So how has the running been going the last couple of days? Today was supposed to be 2.5 miles. I have to say I don't mind running on the treadmill for the 30 minutes or so during the week but these weekend long runs of over an hour on the thing is going to drive me insane!!! I need it to warm up just a bit so I can run outside. Maybe once the weather breaks we should get our own running group going on Saturday mornings. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Angie!
ReplyDeleteIt's great to see you've got a new post! Have you been able to get your long run in this weekend?
I'm still here and I'm still pullin' for ya!