Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Fun! Drew is 40 today!

Happy Birthday to my dear, loving, supportive, handsome 40 year old husband! Hope your day is special and your year is amazing... I've got a feeling 40 will be good for us! Thank you for being in my world, for loving me in spite of myself, and for allowing me the privilege of being your wife. I am a blessed woman, for sure... :-)

So, Drew's 40th is making me think about 3 months from now when it's my 40th birthday. I'm actually not worried about hitting 40. I'm not feeling old or depressed. I'm not fearing the best years are gone. I'm really thinking that I love birthdays (mine or others!) - and 40 is just another reason to celebrate life! I'm looking forward to the journey continuing and seeing what adventures life has in store for us!

I'm going to use this time between birthdays to challenge myself though. I have been pretty lax with my exercise and healthy eating, so I'm going back to tracking my points and scheduling my workouts. I am still training for the RBR 10K, so I need to keep that up too! Yesterday, I ran 2.25 miles before work, today is 3.1 miles at the 5K, and tomorrow is scheduled for 4 miles. Sunday - may be a day off or may be a cross training day. I'd especially like to build some better biceps by June. :-)

I weighed myself this morning, I plan to take measurements tomorrow as well as a picture - and then on my 40th, I'll do it again! (Maybe each month in between too - that'd be a good idea.) This gives me a fun challenge to see what I can accomplish with the proper mind set between our two big birthdays!

Thanks for stopping in - have an awesome weekend, all!

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment