Friday, April 9, 2010

Race toward 40...becomes a crawl!

Hey, all!

I have heard your requests to update my blog - and I am doing it! :-) I was way past due and I knew it. Thanks to those of you who called me on it. You know who you are! :-)

So, I made the switch officially a few weeks ago from the 25K to the 10K. I admitted that 25K was too much for me to bite off at this time in my life and the 10K would be much more manageable.

However, then I did a very bad thing...and I sort of coasted! I had it in my head that 10K would be a piece of cake and I could back off a little in my efforts. BIG Mistake!

I should have kept going full speed ahead, as I've realized several times in the last week. I get up and run some mornings before work, but because of when I roll out of bed, I may only have time to run for 20 minutes. Then when I should be getting in my longer runs, I haven't planned well and life got in my way... (If you fail to plan, you plan to fail...I know!)

So, this week, I ran two miles Monday, 3 miles last night, and I will go for 4 tomorrow. I may walk just a bit, but I'll do it. Next week, I need to get a 5 mile in.... I'm going now for a minimum of 3 miles every other day. I can do that!

Consistency is going to get me to race day - and I plan to finish that 10K STRONG! :-)

Thanks for hanging with me, for encouraging me, for listening to my whine, and for holding me accountable when I slack! I appreciate it!

Check back this weekend! I'll post after my 4 tomorrow!

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment