Well, gang, the Road Warrior committee did not call yesterday and I do not have an interview set up for November 24.
HOWEVER, I am blessed with good health, improving fitness, and the support of friends and family! I have the ability to train on my own and DO THIS THING anyway! :-) I am bummed I wasn't selected as a Road Warrior, but know that I still have it in me to make this happen.
So, the journey has already begun, but it continues now via this blog and some pounding of pavement! I am out to prove to myself that I can accomplish something that today seems impossible. A 25K? Me? Seriously? Yep! I am already anticipating the sense of pride and accomplishment I'll feel on May 8 when I cross the finish line! Expect some tears, as I'm an emotional girl and I can imagine that will be an emotional moment!
Hope you can join me for it on May 8, 2010! :-)
Thanks in advance for the encouragement I know you'll give me!
Angie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You go girl. I am right there with you every step of the way. Just think of the positive role model you are being to your kids.
ReplyDeleteI love your positive attitude & strong determination Angie!
ReplyDeleteI'll be following along all the way! I hope you'll post some workouts or what you're doing to prepare for the 25K. I'm interested in all asspects of this journey! GOOD LUCK ANGIE!
PS~You've sparked my interest in my own running adventure...I need to find some races. Thanks for the push. ;)
You go woman!
ReplyDeleteI will be there cheering you on.
Way to go neighbor!!!! We will be cheering! Let me know if you ever need a buddy. Given the fact I really haven't run since the Byron Days run, it might be a bit painful, but much needed. Blessings!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey there Angie!
ReplyDeleteI'll promise you that by the time next Monday, 11/30/09 rolls around, I'll have a brand new blog to join you in my fitness journey to 50!
So--have you got a plan? Remember this motto:
"PPPPPP"
(Translation:)
"Prior Planning Prevents P*s-Poor Performance"
Let me know how I can support you! 8)