Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Yes, Virginia, I DO have a plan!

Well, folks, I have not been the world's most exciting blogger... life got busy and the blog took a back seat. Sorry! I will probably try for only once or twice a week, so as to keep you hanging on the edge of your seat for my next witty entry!

Ok, not quite...it's really about me not stressing too much about it. I am so excited to have some of my friends and family "following" my blog! I promise to keep you in the know... but it may not be a consistent thing. Just check back once in a while and see what's up. OK?

So, back to the plan... the training guide came out last week Friday and 25K training officially starts on the 29th. I've been doing the first week this week though, and will repeat it starting the 29th. Building the habit of consistency is going to be key for me.

You can check out the guide at this link:
http://www.53riverbankrun.com/uploads/pdfs/2010_training_guide.pdf

So, in this one week, I have already managed to learn a lot. I'll share a couple of these things with you!

1. If I don't get up and do my training first thing, before work, I will NOT do it!

2. I need to GET UP before I turn my alarm off, otherwise I will not get up!

3. I can not run for 20 minutes in the morning and later in the day eat 1 and 1/2 cups of Edy's ice cream. Doesn't add up in a good way.

I didn't say they were life shattering A-ha moments, but little things for me to make a "note to self". :-) Maybe you have some of those same experiences?

For the rest of this week, my exercise plan is as follows:

Thursday - 20 minute run then Turbo Jam 3T DVD for 30 minutes
Friday - 1 mile easy run - then an Ab DVD
Saturday - 2 mile run
Sunday - 1 mile easy run/Ab DVD

Then the 25K training guide kicks in!

I'm feeling pretty blessed tonight! I'm so thankful for health that allows me to undertake this training, for a supportive and encouraging husband who loves me in spite of myself, and for friends and family who believe in me when I don't believe in myself... Thank you!

May you have a blessed Thanksgiving with those you love!

Angie

1 comment:

  1. 'Atta Girl, Angie!

    First--Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours! I hope it was a wonderful and blessed day for you filled with an 'attitude of gratitude' for all the things we have both been blessed with!

    So did you get your Thanksgiving run/workout in?

    I'll send you a separate e-mail!

    Hugs!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete