Hey, all!
I've still been nursing that injured foot, so there hasn't been a lot to update. I have done some Turbo Jam workouts, as well as walking on the treadmill and running once. The running was okay until near the end...then the foot was screaming. So, I went back to the lower impact stuff. I'm still keeping on, but I am falling behind on my training.
Drew, bless his heart, says my mental attitude is the largest hurdle for me to overcome. I can freak myself out at the drop of a hat... one minute I know I can TOTALLY run this thing... the next, I am wondering what was I thinking when I said I could do this? I think back to that commercial when I was a kid that says "the mind is a terrible thing to waste". Remember that one? Well, I think I might be wasting mine on some negativity, so I'm working on positive affirmations.
I am a runner.
I love running now.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
I am doing this!
I see myself running across the finish line with a smile on my face at the RBR. (River Bank Run)
You get the idea. Keeping the positivity flowing! :-)
Now, I went to Weight Watchers to weigh in...and I'm still 2.8 pounds over my lifetime goal. Not a huge deal, but if I lost .8, I would be free to attend meetings again. If I lost 2.8, I'd be back to goal. I'm working on losing it, but do you know how challenging that is over the holidays? Little chocolate treats are tempting me right and left. I'm limiting, but not eliminating, my intake. I am back to tracking my points - and my gal pal Jerrie is holding me to account by getting my completed tracker on Wednesday at the weigh in. (Thank you, Jerrie!)
All that being said, this is just a part of my life - it's not consuming all of it! I am fully prepared to enjoy the season, celebrate the birth of my Saviour, and spend time with family and friends without obsessing about my weight and training. It's important to me, but it's not the MOST important thing to me. Faith, family, friends and loved ones, making memories, and capturing the moments are the things that warm my heart!
Wishing you and yours a happy Christmas week!
Big hugs!
Angie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey there Angie!
ReplyDeleteHope you and the fam are having an awesome Christmas weekend! Don't forget to take time out to 'keep on keepin' on'!!!! It's so easy to put aside your workouts with all the holiday stuff that you have on your calendar this weekend, but MAKE TIME FOR YOU!
I had a wonderful Christmas with the family and now it's on to making plans for the New Year! I plan on rocking 2010 and I'm looking forward to seeing you rock it too!
Love & Hugs!
Kim