Sunday, December 6, 2009

Super Sunday!

Hey, peeps!

I'm still here, still training, and promising to be better at posting about it for you. I'm thinking my new mantra is Weekends and Wednesdays...I'll be on here twice a week, once on Saturday or Sunday, and then Wednesday before midnight! :-) That will give you some idea of when to check things out....and hold me more accountable to my training! Sound like a plan? I thought so!

Last week, my schedule was as follows:
Monday - 20 min run (missed it...rough Monday)
Tuesday - 1 min run/1 min walk for 18 minutes
Wednesday - 1 mile run or walk (I did a run)
Thursday - 20 minute walk (missed it!)
Friday - 1 mile run easy
Saturday - 2 mile run
Sunday - 1 mile run easy

I didn't make each and every workout, but I am please with what I did. When I weighed in at Weight Watchers, I was down 1.4 pounds - and that was a loss over Thanksgiving week! I was alright with that! I still have another pound to go before I'm back in my Lifetime range..and I plan to see that this week. My weigh in is Wednesday, so I'll let you know how that goes.

I'm trying to focus on the healthy habits I need to be successful, rather than get wigged out about the number on the scale. I know I still get winded doing a one mile run...but I'm not as winded as I was on the first day! I'm seeing improvement!

This week's schedule is similar to last week:

Monday - 20 minute run
Tuesday - 1 min run/1 min walk for 20 minutes
Wednesday - 1 mile run or walk
Thursday - 20 minute walk
Friday - 1 mile run easy
Saturday - 2 mile run
Sunday - 1 mile run easy

Looks pretty easy when I see it on paper, but when I'm on my treadmill at a 1.5 incline, it makes me sweat! :-) Currently, I'm running about 12 minute miles, allowing my body time to adjust and build consistency. From what I've read, I don't want to increase speed or mileage too quickly or I can cause injury. I'm learning to push myself, but I know the lessons will get bigger as the distance gets longer!

I'm ready for it...

Take care and have a great week!

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment