I'm signed up and ready to roll...I am officially a first time participant, registered for the 25K on May 8, 2010! Seems a little more real now..like I've been talking about it, but NOW it's real!
What's cool is that my friend Helen signed me up at the kick off event Friday. (Thanks, Darlin'!) Her husband decided to run too. Two friends of hers from high school are running, my friend Jerrie from Gentex is running, Drew might run, some gals from my Wednesday Weight Watchers group are running, Staci from my WW message board is training and I'm trying to convince her to come run with me....there is going to be a PARTY at the RBR this year! WOO HOO! Just me and 17,999 other people! :-)
Last week at Weight Watchers, I finally weighed in as a free lifetime member again. It's been since August that I've been free! So, running must help out in the weight control department! Who knew? :-)
I've been keeping up with the training this week, taking yesterday as a day of rest instead of today. My company Christmas party was Friday night and I overindulged a little. Not a lot...but needed some extra Zs on Saturday. :-) So, this morning was 3 miles before getting ready for church.
Training for the week looks like this:
Monday - two miles
Tuesday - run 10 minutes/walk 5 minutes/run 10 minutes
Wednesday - one mile
hursday - walk 30 minutes
Friday - run 1.5 miles
Saturday - run 4 miles
As I can, I mix in some weights and ab work...I know I need to round out the running, but time is sometimes hard to come by. To be successful, I will need to carve out more time for me and this training! I'm blessed with a family that understands, supports, and encourages. :-)
That's all I have for now, folks! More to come later in the week!
Have a GREAT Sunday!
Angie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey there girlie!
ReplyDeleteHow's about an update?