Wow... January 3, already! Where did those 3 days go? It's crazy to me how fast time flies...but I guess that means I MUST be having fun, right?
Actually, I've managed to get a nasty head cold, and it's throwing me off a bit. Yesterday was a day of rest and today I had planned to run my 3 miles from yesterday, but I still just have nothing to give! I may see if I have a little more later tonight...it's possible after I rest a little bit.
I'm getting to a point where I need to be making things happen, whether I feel good or not, whether I feel like it or not, whether I think I'm ready or not. I've been psyching myself out. I told Drew that maybe I should run a half marathon in Cleveland in mid-May (my in-laws live there). That's 13.1 miles, I'd have an extra week to train, and I wouldn't HAVE to run a particular speed to complete it. BUT, I would lose my local cheering section and I would have done less than what I said I would.
SO, with that being said, I am still training for the River Bank Run 25K!
Next question - do I join a local running club to assist with training? I'm NOT a cold weather girl and the thought of running in low digits in the Michigan winters - well, that doesn't thrill me. If I join a group, do I join the Gazoom group thru Gazelle for a $100 training fee? (local group) or do I join the Grand Rapids Running Club - drive a little farther, but have a minimal expense to join up with them? ARGH! I'm not sure what to do in that regard and it's getting to crunch time. Last option - train on my own - outside and on the treadmill - with Drew's input and encouragement. Save money, but possibly learn to dislike my husband.
:-)
Any input or feedback you can provide would be appreciated!
Hope your 2010 is off to a great start! :-)
Angie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Ang!
ReplyDeleteI hope you feel better tomorrow! I'm going to start "training" tomorrow. :)
I'm still not sure I'll be able to make it down to run the actual race with you but my goal is to RUN 15 miles on May 8th. :)
Thank you for pushing me. I really never seen myself able to run that far. I'm still scared that I can't...but I will NEVER know if I don't try. :)
Oh, and on the training group...I think it depends on what kind of exerciser/runner you are.
Do you NEED others to encourage you to continue with your training? Or do you feel accomplished just by knowing yourself that you got in your run on your TM.
I'm of the later...I'm my own best cheerleader.
But, do what is BEST FOR YOU!!! :)
BTW...I'll be here "training" with you. I'm not a winter runner so the treadmill is where you'll find me. :)
Have a great night!
Hi Angie!
ReplyDeleteHappy 2010 to you, dear friend!
Sorry to hear about the headcold thing going--nasty stuff fo' sho'! Still--if it hasn't taken a dive into your chest, try doing a mile walk/run on your treadmill if you feel up to it. You gotta keep the momentum going!
If you join the local Gazelle running group, doesn't part of that $100 fee cover your entry fee to the 25K? I thought I once saw that it was covered as part of that. It might be a less expensive option overall as opposed to driving to GR every time. With gas hovering anywhere between $2.35/gallon (on a good day) to $2.69, you'll have eaten up $100 worth of gas in no time! Paying $100 cements your commitment even further to achieving this event! It's not always easy to cough up the money at the front side--there are always other things that it needs to be spent on...just weigh and measure things carefully!
Either way--I'll be cheering you on through these next days, weeks, and months!
Hugs to ya!
Kim