Hey, my faithful followers!
How are all 5 of you? :-)
My River Bank Run journey is almost coming to a close! Two days until Race Day! I got up early this morning and hoofed it 3 miles. I'm feeling as ready as I will be
at this point! No more running or training for me before Saturday!
And, you know, I'm excited about that. After the River Bank Run, my goal is to just slow down and enjoy things again. Not that I've been training SO hard that I've been stressing myself out... but it's just that exercise has become about HAVING to train. Some of the fun has been removed for me. I'm anxious to go back to being able to do a DVD series, roller blade, ride my bike, walk the dog - without feeling that those are good things to do, but I SHOULD be running. I want running to be something I choose, because I like how it makes me feel - not because I HAVE to run since I've commited to a race.
After the RBR, I plan to take the time before my birthday to exercise for fun again and see what I can accomplish...then we'll see what happens from there.
Drew informed me that tonight is the night we need great sleep, as this is the night that will count for our run Saturday. Learn new things all the time! I didn't know that! He and I will both be running the 10K. His goal is under an hour (I think) and my goal is under 75 minutes. I'll let you know how that shakes down, of course!
I'm sure some nervous energy will have me post again before the race!
Have a great day!
Angie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey there Angie!!!
ReplyDeleteGodspeed and best to BOTH you and Drew in tomorrow's run!!!! Give it your best! You'll rock it for sure!!!
Kim
Hey there Angie!!!
ReplyDeleteI saw that YOU DID IT!!!! Congratulations--I'm SO proud of you!!! That is an accomplishment!!!! And you came in under your allotted time goal completion despite the dreary conditions. WAY TO PUSH THROUGH!
Now kick back and recover, but NOT for TOO LONG!
Kim